Mega drive msu1

Grizzly

Mega drive msu1

Post by Grizzly » 2019-11-06 02:45:08

With the success of the mega SD game cart an its ability to do msu1 like the snes, could higan have that feature added into the emulator? There are mega drive game hacks that allow a person to have said experience. Just asking.

Screwtape

Re: Mega drive msu1

Post by Screwtape » 2019-11-06 02:59:22

The MSU1 is byuu's attempt to give the SNES the same kind of high-capacity media streaming support that other consoles like the PC-Engine CD-ROM² and Neo Geo CD have.

The Mega Drive already has the official Mega CD add-on to provide high-capacity media streaming support, it already has a lot of games, and it's already supported by the Mega SD and many emulators including higan nightlies (although higan's emulation doesn't work 100% yet). If byuu invented a whole new MSU1-like feature for the Mega Drive and added it to higan, there'd be no games for it and no other emulators would support it, so it'd be a bit of a waste of time.

Grizzly

Re: Mega drive msu1

Post by Grizzly » 2019-11-10 04:46:24

Screwtape wrote:
2019-11-06 02:59:22
The MSU1 is byuu's attempt to give the SNES the same kind of high-capacity media streaming support that other consoles like the PC-Engine CD-ROM² and Neo Geo CD have.

The Mega Drive already has the official Mega CD add-on to provide high-capacity media streaming support, it already has a lot of games, and it's already supported by the Mega SD and many emulators including higan nightlies (although higan's emulation doesn't work 100% yet). If byuu invented a whole new MSU1-like feature for the Mega Drive and added it to higan, there'd be no games for it and no other emulators would support it, so it'd be a bit of a waste of time.
Oh, so its in higan. Sweet, that is what I was asking about. I did not mean that byuu needed to re invent whats all ready there, I just wanted to know if an emulator could have this in it link what bsnes and snes9x does for msu1. :-)